Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Override URL field

Go to End

2 Posts   1610 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

5 December 2007 at 11:13am

I have a client who has a news page with many articles on it. The articles are just short blurbs, so they don't click through to longer versions. Ordinarily, I would have put a little article manager on this one page and have the client create them that way, but they really wanted to see the articles as children of the news page in the site map.

So the problem is, each one of these articles creates its own URL based on the title of the article, when in reality, it can never be viewed except on its parent page. This isn't a problem on the public site because there are no links to these URLs, but in the CMS, the client is hitting the "published site" button at the bottom and Silverstripe dumps them out on a faulty URL.

My question -- can I override the URL in all of these article pages so that they all go to /news/ (their parent) instead of /a-really-ridiculously-long-article-name/?

mbellino

Community Member, 32 Posts

15 December 2007 at 8:39am