Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Nouveau theme

Go to End

6 Posts   1839 Views

joaopauloreisalves

Community Member, 16 Posts

13 December 2007 at 10:17am

Edited: 13/12/2007 10:22am

Hello. My name is João Alves and I am a participant on the Google Highly Open Participation Contest.

Nouveau is my second theme and it's a pink and green theme compatible with the blog, forum and e-commerce modules.

Please see it in action on the online demo and download it if it's of your liking. :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 December 2007 at 10:39am

Looks good! A couple notes

http://demo.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/ looks a bit rough. A couple things you could try is to use a couple graphics to separate the areas around the forum maybe a background on the search on the right. The currently online heading and the text is a bit big don't you think for such a small feature as that? Its way too big on the default theme but thats a bug :P If you just reduce it down to 1.1em or around that so it doesn't overshadow the forum threads that would be good

A couple other suggestions would be to remove the padding left on the h2's. It looks a bit weird having 25px of space there. Nudging it in is a good idea but perhaps only 2 or 3 px.

joaopauloreisalves

13 December 2007 at 11:37am

The link you indicated looks different because of some caching error on the demo site. For some reason it loads both the "themes/nouveau_forum/css/Forum.css" style sheet and "forum/css/Forum.css", which overrides the first.

I've tried it on my local installation and it looks fine. Please check on a fresh installation of SilverStripe.

Willr

13 December 2007 at 11:51am

I was on a fresh test local version. I posted that link so people knew what page I meant.

joaopauloreisalves

13 December 2007 at 12:00pm

So, does it appear correctly once installed?

Willr

13 December 2007 at 1:02pm

What I was saying the currently online text is too large, and it doesn't need to be so large. and on the forumholder you have alot of information at the top and I suggest maybe it would be nice to break it up a bit. Eg put the login form and links in the box with a different background and a border just to give it some structure eg I did this in Firebug quickly to just show what I mean
Forum.css (line 710)
#RegisterLogin {
background:#eee;
border:2px solid #CCC;
margin-bottom:15px;
margin-top:10px;
padding:6px;
}

That breaks up the large whiteness up there and gives a bit more structure.