Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Nugob.org

Go to End

8 Posts   3349 Views

Anatol

126 Posts

13 December 2007 at 12:34pm

Hi,

I went live with my first Silverstripe site yesterday. I did a complete makeover of my personal homepage/blog to get familiar with Silverstripe - and I am very happy about this CMS!

I was surprised how easy it is to extend the site and how quickly I got used to the framework code and architecture. Quite a number of minor tweaks were easy to do. I am sure I will use Silverstripe for future projects and I hope I can contribute on some occasions in the future.

Here is the link: http://www.nugob.org

A million thanks to all Silverstripe developers and supporters.

Cheers!
Anatol

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

13 December 2007 at 2:44pm

Edited: 13/12/2007 2:45pm

Great work - this site looks awesome. If you have some time it would be great if you could make a SilverStripe theme - your style is quite unique and very cool :-)

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

13 December 2007 at 5:12pm

Nice site!

Sean

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 December 2007 at 5:40pm

Make sure you upload a screenshot to the silverstripe showcase. That is an awesome example of the design flexibility of SilverStripe and your talent!

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

14 December 2007 at 2:21am

Edited: 14/12/2007 2:23am

Congrats on the site ! Looks awesome !

It's not really fast though , maybe ask your provider to install some kind of cache ?

Anatol

126 Posts

14 December 2007 at 11:58am

Hi guys,

I am glad you like the site. Thank you for all the positive feedback.

Tim, yes, I am planning to create a Silverstripe template. Give me some time - I will probably be quite busy until March or so with my actual job, but I am sure after that I will find some time to make a theme.

The site is in the Silverstripe Showcase.

Fuzz10, I installed XCache a day before I went live and it made the site much faster. The site is on a New Zealand server, maybe that slows things down for you.
Also, the total file size of all images used in the CSS is rather large (nearly 200kB). I wouldn't usually overload a website design with this amount of images but as this is just my private homepage I didn't want to restrict myself.

What about people in New Zealand? Does the page appear slow to you, too? It seems quite OK to me once the CSS images are cached, but that's just my subjective impression.

Cheers!
Anatol

alfa

Community Member, 20 Posts

22 December 2007 at 1:56pm

I'm from Spain and the page load is pretty good ^^

Nice design man i like it, it's very original.

marikas

Community Member, 24 Posts

23 December 2007 at 11:39pm

I'd like to echo the earlier comments.. this is great design... and the first of it's genre I've seen built with SS. Impressive.