Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

CMS Security Options

Go to End

7 Posts   3642 Views

ontguy

Community Member, 1 Post

14 March 2007 at 4:58pm

Hi,

I am liking this CMS, I hope I can get a good grasp of all the concepts to bring out its power.

Is the security protion of the CMs functional? Could I have a user that can only see/edit the content of certain pages?

tito0224

Community Member, 8 Posts

8 May 2007 at 9:11am

This is something i would really like to see too. I have at least 6 people who should be able to access certain pages of the site. Is this possible? Is there a way I can create custom security levels?

John

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

18 July 2007 at 8:00pm

Is there any news on this feature? I'm currently building a site that needs it as well (giving people the right to only change certain pages within the site instead of full management).

If not , is there a workaround to imitate it ?

thanks !

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

18 July 2007 at 9:14pm

That's part of my Google Summer of Code project.. it will be possible as soon as my changes are merged in the main branch..
We are currently discussing if (and how) we should redesign the interface and the last details.

Fuzz10

18 July 2007 at 9:18pm

Ah , great ! Thanks for the quick reply and good luck with finishing it up .. ;-)

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

3 September 2007 at 5:20pm

Check out the homepage :) It is merged into the main branch and will be available later (or if you want, you can get the code from the subversion repository now)

Fuzz10

3 September 2007 at 7:16pm

Yessss !!!

This is brilliant stuff guys !