Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Windows Vista Theme

Go to End

14 Posts   16486 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

21 December 2007 at 8:34am

I really like this theme, congratulations.

I'd say that the headings being blue clash with the overwhelming otherwise green look.

Have a play, but perhaps either some dark green, or other complimentary colour (dark grey? brown? A rusty dark orange?) might be better.

I'm an advocate for blue links, so I'd attempt to keep those in. Maybe the links need to be a bit dark so they're not as washed out? :P

Ryan

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 December 2007 at 10:55am

Thank you.

The background was originally blue, so thats where I got the blue headings from.

I think your right though, A dark green would look nice. I think the standards fonts need to be darkened a bit as well.

I will get right onto it as soon as I have a moment spare.

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

5 January 2008 at 3:37am

hey Ryan,
your windows vista theme is great, I have included it modified on my site (http://soccer.apocalypse.pl. However, there are some issues about the CSS validation:

first, in typography .css it should not be .typography a:visted { but ".typography a:visited { ", and the second one:
the validator doesn't like
"filter: alpha(opacity=80);
opacity: 0.8;
-moz-opacity: 0.8;"
in layout.css, I'd rather replace it with a 1x1 px 80% transperent png and "background: url(../images/bg.png);" - the css validator likes it ;)

cheers,
Wojtek

Ryan

Community Member, 11 Posts

19 January 2008 at 10:52pm

Thanks, I need to change the first one, but in the second one if I use a semi transparent png, it will completely mess up in IE6 and below.

So its the lesser of two evils.

incorrect use of css or a really horrible ie6 and below.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 January 2008 at 11:21pm

or do both.

Use wojteks idea by default then have a IE6.css file with the current and use conditional comments to send only ie6 the filter hack.

Then you get a valid layout.css file (the validater doesn't have to bother with the IE stylesheet) if thats your thing and a working version in IE6.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 April 2008 at 8:54am

Have you experimented with stuff like this in your CSS?

object {
filter: alpha(opacity=100);
opacity: 100;
-moz-opacity: 100"

}

(I'm not sure if opacity of 100 means normal).

Go to Top