Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Esperanto translation complete!

Go to End

4 Posts   3173 Views

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

3 January 2008 at 8:09am

I do proudly announce, that the Esperanto translation is complete! [well, it's completed since 21.12 but now I have the forums access].

"what the hell is esperanto?", you may wonder. Here is the answer:
Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language. [wiki] This means, that it is the most popular non-natural language. L. L. Zamenhof developed it in 1887, his first book about esperanto was "Unua Libro" (published by Z. as "Doktoro Esperanto").
Although no country has adopted the language officially, it has enjoyed continuous usage by a community estimated at between 100,000 and 2 million speakers for over a century. By most estimates, there are approximately a thousand native speakers.

Have fun :)

[attached the Esperanto flag :) ]

alfa

Community Member, 20 Posts

3 January 2008 at 9:44am

huh i never knew such a thing existed ^^ thanks for the translation

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

8 January 2008 at 2:11pm

Dankon!

That's awesome. I'll see if I can get someone to help review the work and get it into the main release...

marikas

Community Member, 24 Posts

8 January 2008 at 11:16pm

Very cool... i learnt something new today :) This is the first I've heard of Esperanto. Thanks for sharing wojtek.