Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Tutorial Problem - Forms

Go to End

11 Posts   52756 Views

areikiera

Community Member, 26 Posts

5 January 2008 at 7:26am

Edited: 05/01/2008 7:46am

Hi everyone!

To the Silverstripe creators: Thank you so much for providing Silverstripe! I haven't worked with it much, but already I'm more fond of it than any other CMS program I've worked with. Thank you!

I'm going through the Silverstripe tutorials (I've set up SilverStripe on my WAMP server), and I've run into an issue with the Form section, specifically the UserDefinedForm. As soon as I change the Contact Us page type to contact form, the form shows up in the Published page, but I get this message at the very top of the page:

"Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\cms\code\PageTypes\UserDefinedForm.php on line 176"

I'm new to php and mysql, and very new to silverstripe, and have no idea what this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when I submit the form, I get a big page full of errors that begins with:

"FATAL ERROR: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()
At line 504 in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\sapphire\core\Email.php"

Is there a tutorial that could help me configure the email settings? Or is that even the problem?

Thanks again for any help!

areikiera

5 January 2008 at 7:35am

Edited: 05/01/2008 7:51am

Also, this shows up in the background (replacing the navigation at the top of the page) of the CMS after I've added a dropdown field in the form.

"Notice: Undefined variable: default in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\sapphire\forms\EditableDropdownOption.php on line 75"

And when I try to edit the form after this has happened, I get all sorts of errors, beginning with:

"Error in Ajax evaluator on line 974: invalid flag after regular expression"

Scary scary errors.

Similar problems when I try to to the poll as well.

Thanks again for any help!

areikiera

8 January 2008 at 4:27am

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else run into these problems?

I'm running Silverstripe on WAMP. Any chance I'm missing some configuration details?

Thanks!

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

8 January 2008 at 5:22am

hi areikiera!
I was testing the tutorials this night as a Google Contest task. It was set up on a WAMP server, and it worked pretty well! The only issue was that the tutorial didn't always mention rebuilding the database... it is corrected now. I have uploaded some new images and the tutorials are up to date now. Please re-try the tutorials , maybe it's gonna work now!
If not, please post here - I'll be glad to help you.

areikiera

8 January 2008 at 6:18am

Thanks for the reply!

I'll retry the tutorials. I did rebuild the database several times throughout the process, but it didn't seem to correct the problem.

I appreciate the help! Now, off to my second time through!

areikiera

8 January 2008 at 7:25am

Gave up on troubleshooting the WAMP server. I must've had something wrong in my configuration. I've installed the lighttpd server with the Windows installer, and it fixed the form problem.

I'm still getting the following error when I try to submit the form though.

"FATAL ERROR: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()
At line 504 in C:\lighttpd\htdocs\sapphire\core\Email.php"

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

areikiera

8 January 2008 at 7:32am

Wow. Ok. Should've thought of this sooner. DON'T check the Email form on submit button. That's when the error showed up.

It's working now, but why doesn't it actually send me the email? (I filled in, with my email, the "Email submission to:" field)

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

8 January 2008 at 7:37am

Maybe you have specified the wrong SMTP configuration?

Go to Top