Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Translatable Fatal error

Go to End

18 Posts   9661 Views

Community Member, 1 Post

23 February 2008 at 8:47am

I've encountered the same problem; I want to make some custom fields translatable.
I'm working on a web project using SS and today when I wanted to implement custome field functionality, It gave me 'can not run query' error and referred to non existing column in SiteTree table named OriginalLangID.
As I should deliver my project next week, I would appreciate to access the patch early. I was thinking about extending $db static variable in SiteTree class and add all of custom fields and then selectively disable them in each page type I've created. Although it is non-efficient but quick fix that I think functional.
I've not tried daily builds yet, Do u think if I upgrade my local copy with latest daily build files, my problem is solved?

20 Posts

23 February 2008 at 10:51am

I tried to do the same but was not lucky. My site has just several pages with the same sidebar content in custom areas. So, I did a trick creating separate pages with the needed content for custom blocks and called that content from those blocks in the template.
This is not a perfect solution, but I'll wait until the patch is released and custom fields that we create for the cms become fully translatable.

Community Member, 791 Posts

12 March 2008 at 2:47am

Is there any news on the translations of custom fields ?
Anyone had any succes with the i8n functionality in a production environment ?

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

12 March 2008 at 9:27am

no news yet, make sure to follow the progress of these tickets:

Community Member, 791 Posts

12 March 2008 at 9:42pm

Thanks Ingo...

Just to be sure ; there is no (quick,dirty) way to use the I8N functionality for pages that have custom fields , correct ?

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

12 March 2008 at 9:54pm

not that i'm aware of, sorry mate

Community Member, 8 Posts

10 June 2008 at 1:32am

so is where any avalaible branch with this bug fixed?

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 July 2008 at 7:05pm

Any update on this? I've stumbled across the exact same problem and I'm in desperate need to get a fix for this...

I'm running SilverStripe 2.2.2 and the problem is still the same.