Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

synchronize remote and localhost

Go to End

3 Posts   1897 Views

quicked

Community Member, 32 Posts

17 January 2008 at 12:04pm

When i was flushing my localhost I was getting an error saying could not connect to the db trying to use my remote connection string. It turns out that because I had a file remoteCopy_of_configure.php that SS was trying to "compile" that and use it a the connection. I changed the name to _configureLocal.php and SS no longer tries to use it.

Is there a better way to sync remote and local?

quicked

Community Member, 32 Posts

17 January 2008 at 12:08pm

When uploading from Windows to Linux their is a problem with db names. Because Windows is not case sensitive phpmyadmin exports the table names all in lower case. What I ended up doing was build the db remotely, the exporting the data only locally, then search and replacing every table name to CamelCase.

Is there any easier way?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 January 2008 at 5:39pm

check out http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=debug. You can set you localhost server to a dev server ( Director::set_dev_servers() ) and then use Director::isLive() and Director::isDev() to use different _config.php files