Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Blog plugin

Go to End

6 Posts   2785 Views

madsnp

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 January 2008 at 9:27am

I've installed the blog plugin following the instructions by installing to a subdir ("blog") and running the flush - which acc. to output updated the system database. Next questions is quite lame:

What now?

Well, evidently I'd like to begin tweaking - or simply access the plugin to try it out admin-wise, but it's nowhere to be found in the admin GUI I thought it would show up in the content/pagetype options...

Where am I to go from here...? Thanks!!

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

18 January 2008 at 9:56am

A new site should be shown both on your site and in the CMS.

Ar you sure that you installed the blog in the right folder an have run http://yoursite/db/build?flush=1 ??

madsnp

18 January 2008 at 10:41am

Edited: 18/01/2008 10:44am

hi wojtek... and thanks for responding.

That's what I assumed - I tried rebuilding once more by flushing again. Same output and same result - no new pages neither in the front nor in the backend in spite of output that suggest something else. I've attatched a dump up the flush output.

Dunno... just plain nothing. Damn, I'm really fumbling in the dark here! Grrr....frustrating!

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

18 January 2008 at 11:10am

Where did you put the blog folder?

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

18 January 2008 at 12:01pm

The structure of the blog package is something like blog 0.5.1/blog/all_the_files
You should have blog/all_the_files on your site, without blog 0.5.1 (or any other version number it is)

madsnp

19 January 2008 at 12:16am

Thanks for helping out guys - and sorry for late response but was seeing double so simply had to hit the sheets.

Seems sleep was the missing ingredient, as I this morning turned to take another look at the folder structure I had placed the files in a dir: www.mydomain.com/blog/blog - logically (nooot!).
I moved to files upward to the correct folder www.mydomain.com/blog and made a reflush (www.mydomain.com/db/build?flush=1) and; vupti - as I login to the CMS backend Inow have the blogentry and blogpost options when creating a new page...

As you can tell I'm not that much of a techie, so thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction guys - I guess the forest is simply clouded by trees sometimes...! :-)