Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Silverstripe on shared hosting

Go to End

2 Posts   2417 Views

devx

Community Member, 1 Post

18 January 2008 at 4:59pm

Hi guys,
I have been testing out Silverstripe this past couple of days and so far I like it. However I seem to be getting Memory Limit errors (when rebuilding the database) and judging from the post in the forums, its a know issue with Silverstripe. I am running it locally (using WAMP). My current hosting is using PHP4 and I am planning to migrate to another server that has PHP5. The only concern that I have is that can Silverstripe run on a shared hosting environment.

darkowl

Community Member, 12 Posts

26 January 2008 at 3:04am

Edited: 26/01/2008 3:04am

It can, though there are some pieces of Silverstripe that seem to have quite high overhead - that diabolical browscap.ini comes to mind. You may need to make a few mods to the Silverstripe bits and pieces if you encounter anything strange like inconsistent "out of memory" errors, etc.

But other than these quirks which may hopefully be ironed out over time, I believe it should all be fine. Just... maybe a little slower than you expect ;)