Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Dark Ritual Theme

Go to End

7 Posts   3826 Views

Jeff

Community Member, 32 Posts

20 January 2008 at 7:54am

Edited: 20/01/2008 7:55am

Download the theme here.

Themes for ecommerce, blog, and forum modules are included.

Comments? Suggestions?

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

20 January 2008 at 7:58am

suggestions: don't start making the under the bridge theme as I have already finished it and it's just waiting for approval :d

Jeff

20 January 2008 at 8:10am

Edited: 20/01/2008 8:12am

Hm. Didn't ingo say that you can't work on a task until it has been marked claimed? :P

Any other suggestions "regarding the theme"?

Wojtek

20 January 2008 at 8:19am

Well, technically, I can work on it but I can't claim it or submit it until my last task is not closed (the same as you did with the widgets ;p ). I just wanted you not to work on the same task and waste your time :)

I'll post some remarks as soon as I'll end correcting my theme (expect it in 10-15 mins)

cheers

Wojtek

20 January 2008 at 8:48am

really nice theme! I like it :)

* I would change the background of the secondary menu to distinguish it from the first one
* in the blog section, there is some overlapping: the "comments" link from the first post gets inline with the second post title
* i would add a bit more space between the widgets and the blog posts
* if I were you, I would consider changing the "no image" thumbnail in the ecommerce
* on the "product" screen, the black "This is a featured product." has too much contrast for me, I would try something more light
* http://silverstripe.pl/prob1.png
* the text "I agree to the terms and conditions stated on the terms and conditions" is not positioned right, too
* maybe let the "yoursite" header be a link to "./" - it's good for the search engine spiders and for the users, too :)

that's all I have found now, but I haven't checked the forum as it doesn't override the default style (even on my daily build, but I know that it's not a bug)

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

20 January 2008 at 9:12am

I agree with Wojtek's feedback, including in the blog post where you post a new comment, there needs to space below the 'post' button. When making themes just stand back and think "is everything laid out in a beautiful way?" :)

Jeff

20 January 2008 at 5:56pm

Edited: 20/01/2008 5:59pm

@wojtek
* done
* fixed. sorry about this. I only had one blog entry in my test set so couldn't see it.
* done
* if I were you, I would consider changing the "no image" thumbnail in the ecommerce = done
* http://silverstripe.pl/prob1.png = fixed
* the text "I agree to the terms and conditions stated on the terms and conditions" is not positioned right, too = fixed
* maybe let the "yoursite" header be a link to "./" - it's good for the search engine spiders and for the users, too :) = fixed

@Siggy: added padding. check it out now.

new file at directory