Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

New To SilverStripe - Few Questions

Go to End

14 Posts   4525 Views

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

26 January 2008 at 8:54am

Edited: 26/01/2008 8:55am

oops...

Wrong file. Shouldn't attempt to recall things when sleep deprived.

It's in BlogEntry.php, about line 37

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

26 January 2008 at 9:09am

Perfect,

Cheers.

Liam

27 January 2008 at 7:04pm

I have a few more questions, and instead of making multiple topics, I'll just stick them all in this thread. So to be clear, here is what I still need answered if possible:

Runing latest trunk build.

1. Is there a way to send the newsletters out in batches? I'm worried for large lists 1000+

2. Where do I edit the tiny_mce initialization form? I'd like to configure tiny_mce with a few of my own options. Can't seem to find where it's being called.

3. How do I uninstall modules? I've deleted the folder, and ran /db/build?flush=1 but I still see the tables for them in mysql.

4. I can't edit images I uploaded. When I click on them to edit in the admin section, the lightbox window throws this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function setPageLimits() on a non-object in path/to/silverstripe/sapphire/forms/ComplexTableField.php on line 405

5. Does the home page have to have the url /home to redirect to my root site? The page I have created to be used as the domain.com page needs to have the url set to /home for the menu being built to direct it back to domain.com from the front end. If I set the url to anything else, when I click the 'home' link that is being built in the menu, it takes me to the page, but the url is domain.com/whatever-i-named-it. Is this a feature?

6. I've edited the /sapphire/filesystem/gd.php and changed the quality to 100, but I still see my images being changed. The filesize does not match the originals on my computer.

7. Is the function call "MathSpamQuestion::setEnabled()" no longer? I set this in my _config.php file in sapphire and cms, and it threw a fatal error, saying no class could be found.

8. My 'sent status report' tabl doesn't work for newsletters. When I click the tab, it just hangs and loads forever.

I think that's enough for now. I'm sure I'll have more as I dig deeper ;)

p.s does anybody realize that if you reply or create a topic in the forums here, and take a long time writing the post, it throws a fatal error and you have to start over by loading a fresh page view?

Liam

29 January 2008 at 9:10am

Anybody wanna help out? I know it's a lot of questions, but even if you could answer a few if you don't know them all, that would be great.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

29 January 2008 at 9:36am

>3. How do I uninstall modules? I've deleted the folder, and ran >/db/build?flush=1 but I still see the tables for them in mysql.

You are going to have to clean up the DB yourself. ;-)

>4. I can't edit images I uploaded. When I click on them to edit in the >admin section, the lightbox window throws this error: Fatal error: Call to a >member function setPageLimits() on a non-object in >path/to/silverstripe/sapphire/forms/ComplexTableField.php on line 405

Maybe it has to do with this bug ?
http://ssopen.ernie.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/375

>5. Does the home page have to have the url /home to redirect to my root >site? The page I have created to be used as the domain.com page needs to >have the url set to /home for the menu being built to direct it back to >domain.com from the front end. If I set the url to anything else, when I >click the 'home' link that is being built in the menu, it takes me to the >page, but the url is domain.com/whatever-i-named-it. Is this a feature?

I don't really understand what you mean ?

>6. I've edited the /sapphire/filesystem/gd.php and changed the quality to >100, but I still see my images being changed. The filesize does not match >the originals on my computer.

Do you mean uploaded images which get resized by the user ?

>7. Is the function call "MathSpamQuestion::setEnabled()" no longer? I set >this in my _config.php file in sapphire and cms, and it threw a fatal error,
>saying no class could be found.

I think this hasn't been implemented yet ?

>p.s does anybody realize that if you reply or create a topic in the forums >here, and take a long time writing the post, it throws a fatal error and you >have to start over by loading a fresh page view?

Yep.. Always copy-paste your work ... ;-)

Liam

29 January 2008 at 9:59am

Edited: 29/01/2008 1:23pm

Thanks for the reply.

I upload images through the file upload area in the admin section. These are just 200px width images that are then placed in the content, floated left or right. They seem to be getting resampled, and the image quality degrades, even though I have set the quality to 100 in the gd file. They image size isn't being adjusted or edited in any way. They are just uploaded and placed into page content, yet the quality still suffers.

*edit* Nevermind, sorted it out. I didn't realize that when you deleted images from the admin area, the resampled versions remained. This really should be looked at.

Go to Top