Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Image posting within the Blog module

Go to End

8 Posts   2963 Views

GangsterPanda

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 February 2008 at 4:40am

I'm experiencing some issues with posting images in the Blog module, simply put - it does not work. Inserting images works just fine on regular pages, but for BlogEntry pages the "Insert image" button does absolutly nothing.

Is this feature not supposed to be working for the Blog module or am I somehow doing something wrong? I'm doing this from the backend in order to get the formatting interface.

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

18 February 2008 at 8:00am

This doesn't work as the blog module uses BBCode, thus the WYSIWYG editor (which uses HTML) doesn't pick up the content field.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 February 2008 at 11:55am

Yea I find BBCode annoying. I prefer to just use the WSYIWYG editor. If you want to disable BBCode and go back to the editor add this line to your _config.php - BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing('true');

GangsterPanda

18 February 2008 at 8:23pm

Willr, I get the following error when I try to access the site after adding the line to my _config.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing() in (...)/mysite/_config.php on line 30

I've tried flushing and rebuilnd the db, but I get this error everywhere I go. Any suggestions besides removing it?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 February 2008 at 10:14pm

Sorry that method / feature must not be in the general 0.1 blog release. Check out the trunk version if you need that feature, it will probably be in there.

GangsterPanda

19 February 2008 at 8:22am

I've installed the latest trunk version of the Blog module, and done /db/build?flush=1 and I'm still having some problems with this. On the main page, /blog it displays correctly, but when you try to read the full blog post the post is displayed with HTML code as part of the message, such as:
<u><em><strong>This is a test!<br /></strong></em></u>

In the WYSIWYG-editor it looks like "This is a test" in bold, itallic and underlined, same as it does on the front page. Any suggestions?

Reflektera

49 Posts

28 February 2008 at 10:45pm

Edited: 28/02/2008 10:53pm

@GangsterPanda
What does your BlogEntry.ss look like?

spenniec

Community Member, 37 Posts

14 March 2008 at 2:42pm

I recommend you check out this post to allow HTML instead of BBCode
http://www.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/10328
Good on ya Anatol!