Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problem with right to manage page comments

Go to End

Leaf

Community Member, 1 Post

20 February 2008 at 12:00am

Edited: 20/02/2008 1:57am

Hi,

I'm building a page with comments and moderation enabled. I have two groups in the security section: admins with full administrative rights and a group for site authors having the following rights: AssetAdmin, CMSMain and LeftAndMain.

The problem occurs, when a member of the site author group trys to manage the comments right on the page (with the comments): No approve or delete links are provided. This works only for the admin group, although (as far as I can see in the in the PageComments class) only CMSMain (=CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain) right is required.

Another problem is with comments section in the CMS. Approving comments does not work. Approved, the entry disappears but is not moved to the approved comments. After reloading the "awaiting moderation" table the comments appears right again...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that adding access to page comments in CMS for the author group doesn't change anything and with the problem managing comments in the CMS: after pushing the save button an "Error talking to the server" pops up.

Thanks,
Dave/Leaf

Hrm, for anyone with the same problem: I was able to solve the problem to some extent myself by adding another permission check (Permission::check('CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain')) in the Comments() function in PageCommentsInterface for the $unmoderatedfilter (line 65 for me). Now the not approved Comments are displayed and you can also manage them with CMSMain rights.