Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

MediaTemple Deployment Error

Go to End

2 Posts   1301 Views

ylluminate

Community Member, 24 Posts

22 February 2008 at 6:27am

I tar'd a site up that I had developed, pushed it to the server, untar'd it and set the mysql options appropriately. I also transferred over the database via mysqldump and cat'ing it back into mysql on the server. I am, however running into a problem.

First, chown is not working as expected so as to set the group ownership to www-data. That may or may not have bearing on this issue, but I thought I'd share it. I have a request in for assistance as to why ownership is not changing as expected.

The error that I'm actually receiving is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in ... sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 33

I also fear that as I am moving from a 5.0.41 mysql database to 4.1.11 that some sort of incongruity may be plaguing me.

Can anyone offer some assistance as this is a rather urgent issue.

kdeberna

Community Member, 1 Post

25 April 2008 at 7:01am

Make sure the account you are using to host the SilverStripe site is running PHP5 and not PHP4. If you are on a GridServer then that option is available in your Account Center under PHP Settings. Each hosted domain can be toggled between PHP4 and PHP5 on a per domain basis.