Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Non-informative title tags in Google

Go to End

2 Posts   4709 Views

dille4

Community Member, 14 Posts

27 February 2008 at 1:25pm

Edited: 27/02/2008 3:40pm

After finishing my homepage to go online I have registered my homepage with the "Google Webmaster Tools".

When I run the "Content analysis" tool I get a "Non-informative title tags" error. The tool tells me that "Home" which is my Homepage is the Pages with non-informative title tags.

The fist thing I did was to check my "View Page Source" (right click on every homepage). I can clearly see that CMS creates the <title> from the text I have typed in the "Title" field in the CMS.

<title>My private study</title>

Strangely Google checks the URL in the "Meta-tag" page in CMS which is "home" and not the "Title". Does anybody know a workaround for this issue?

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 February 2008 at 6:14pm

open up your root page.ss - if you are using a theme then it will be themes / yourthemesname / templates / Page.ss . Open that and do a quick scan for $MetaTags. Change this to $MetaTags(false) then it will not output a title, allowing you to write your custom ones. Eg <title>$Title | Your Site Name</title>.