Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Mac Safari Admin Layout Corrupted

Go to End

4 Posts   2927 Views

old_mac

Community Member, 1 Post

2 April 2007 at 5:25am

The admin right hand page does not draw correctly on Mac OSX Safari 2.04. All text and fields are compressed under the first tab in a width of about 1 cm. It looks like it is not correctly adjusting for screen width.

For example if I select About Us, I can see the Content Tab etc. If I select the Content Tab, everything appears in a 1 cm column that descends below the Content Tab

We also tested it in Shiira another browser built on the Gecko engine and it is the same as Safari

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.1.6 DAV/2

PHP memory 32mb

It works fine in FireFox ver 2.01

Chris

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

2 April 2007 at 8:38am

hello old_mac,
silverstripe was never optimized for safari 2.0 (although it seems to come pretty close to working). brian (one of our developers) had it running smooth on a leopard-build - so in case you're thinking of upgrading your osx, you'll get safari-compatibility for free :)

mangee

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 May 2007 at 10:25pm

Edited: 17/05/2007 10:26pm

mmm, yes, I got the same thing with Safari 2.04 under OS X 10.4.9 - but not with the WebKit builds (oldest I have is 19955) up to the recent 21528.. so pop over to http://nightly.webkit.org/ and grab that good ol' Safari feeling without the pain of using FF for admin-ing SilverStripe ;)

PS: How does one put real URLs in a Forum post?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

10 July 2007 at 9:55pm

(Update: We'll support Safari3; you can see progress elsewhere in the forum)