Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Flash swf file in header

Go to End

2 Posts   3181 Views

dille4

Community Member, 14 Posts

8 March 2008 at 10:12pm

Hi guys,

I created a flash graphic with Adobe Flash 8. After publishing I get a SWF and a HTML file with the appropriate code. I have placed the <OBJECT> part into my header.ss file.

Here the code in header.ss:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="760" height="157" id="Header" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="themes/Vista/images/header.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<embed src="/themes/Vista/images/header.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="760" height="157" name="Header" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>

After I fushed my page I can see the space holder for my movie but the movie doesn't start. A right click on my header movie tells me that the "movie is not loaded".

Any idea how to fix that. If I load the published HTML file in my browser I can see the movie running.

Cheers,

dille4

Community Member, 14 Posts

8 March 2008 at 11:04pm

Sometimes I think I am a idiot. Although I'm working in a Windows environment CMS is still installed on Linux. As you can see the file name "header.swf" is in lower case but Adobe saved it as "Header.swf". Of course Linux handles those files as total different files. So after renaming the file I now have a nice flash header.

Well I hope I have at least helped someone with this article. Basically you can copy and paste the code inside your header.ss file and change the file name, path, width and height of the swf file.

That's it.