Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Trying to Install Silverstripe - Install.php errors

Go to End

4 Posts   2599 Views

the46canadian

Community Member, 4 Posts

27 March 2008 at 7:04am

I'm trying to install Silverstripe, but at the top of the installer screen, I keep getting the same three errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_145a99cedbf3464878d1975535478a1d, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/.../public_html/install.php on line 10

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jamesshe/public_html/install.php:10) in /home/.../public_html/install.php on line 10

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/jamesshe/public_html/install.php:10) in /home/.../public_html/install.php on line 10

I've checked the install.php file for problems, and I've tried creating my own php.ini file to try and circumvent these problems - none of this has worked. Does anybody know how to solve these errors?

Thanks a lot.

johnsoncraigsbc

Community Member, 5 Posts

27 March 2008 at 1:58pm

Check if you're running PHP 5.0 or higher.

the46canadian

27 March 2008 at 2:10pm

According to my phpinfo.php file, I'm running PHP version 5.2.5.

the46canadian

27 March 2008 at 2:24pm

Those errors worked themselves out, but now two more have popped up:

mod_rewrite doesn't appear to be working. Make sure:

mod_rewrite is enabled in your httpd.conf
AllowOverride is enabled for the current path.

Does anyone know where to find the httpd.conf file and what script to write to enable mod_rewrite? I've also tried entering AllowOverride All into my .htaccess file, but this causes an Internal Server (500) Error. Is there another way to enable Allow Override?

Thanks for your help!