Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Bookstore theme breaks WYSIWYG

Go to End

4 Posts   2974 Views

noizy

Community Member, 25 Posts

1 April 2008 at 9:57am

I've just installed the Bookstore theme on a 2.2.1 site I'm setting up, and it looks great, but...

...it's broken the WYSIWYG.

In Firefox, the first paragraph of any text inputted appears correctly, but as soon as I put a carriage return, any subsequent text just disappears. It's still there if I pop open the HTML, and there's nothing obvious in the CSS that should be causing it to vanish, but, well, it is.

And in IE, I can't even edit the text, when I click on the WYSIWYG area, the whole editor gets selected (a bounding box is created on the border), and any clicks on the editor just cause the WYSIWYG editor to grow down the page.

I assume there's something weird going on in the CSS, but whatever it is eludes me. (Switching back to blackcandy fixes all these problems, incidentally). Anyone out there with a bit more nous got time to take quick look?

Short of figuring out what is wrong with the bookstore CSS, is it possible to use one theme for the admin area, and another for the live site?

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

1 April 2008 at 11:39am

The typography.css file in the theme will be causing the trouble.

Move everything from typography.css into one of the other CSS files, and your CMS will be unstyled.

That should fix the problem.

noizy

Community Member, 25 Posts

2 April 2008 at 12:29pm

that's the trick. cheers sam.

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

29 April 2008 at 1:40am

I would correct this issue in the next release, but unfortunately I have no possibility to update the theme - the theme loader still doesn't work