Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Cache

Go to End

3 Posts   4525 Views

osan

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 April 2008 at 4:18pm

Hi. I've just installed Silverstripe for the first time.

Before I knew that I had to up the PHP memory_limit to 32M, I fiddled a bit with the main.php file in sapphire directory. I inserted the suggested line to up the memory size there to 80MB. After I realized my error, I configured php.ini to use 32MB instead of the default 16MB and deleted the mem line from main.php. But I still get the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4980736 bytes) in /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-silverstripe2/cache.php on line 4.

Clearly there is something stored somewhere from when I had a bigger mem size in main.php.

I tried to delete the cache.php but that didn't help as it's recreated the next time I open the "silverstripe2/home/successfullyinstalled?flush=1" address. I even rebooted my server to see if it would help. But no. How can I make SilverStripe understand it should use the default 32MB size instead of that 50MB it got from somewhere?

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

2 April 2008 at 4:32pm

"Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted"

33554432 bytes == 32 MB

"tried to allocate 4980736 bytes"

4980736 bytes == 4.75 MB

It's not using 50 MB anywhere, though you may want to increase you limit as it appears that 32 MB isn't enough for the function you're running.

osan

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 April 2008 at 12:12pm

Thank you for pointing out my error. Now SilverStripe works perfectly. I like it a lot ! :)