Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Sitemap Bug?

Go to End

9 Posts   4169 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

7 April 2008 at 6:43am

Pretty sure this isn't proper behaviour, but I have a 404 page that I obviously don't want in my sitemap. I click the advance link in the meta data tab and change the sitemap's page priority to not indexed, however when I view the sitemap.xml file in my browser, the page is still listed.

2.2.2 rc2

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Liam

8 April 2008 at 6:46am

Can anybody confirm this before I open a ticket? Not sure if this is normal. I'd assume when you set it to 'not indexed', it should be removed from the generated sitemap.xml file, yet mine still shows.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

9 April 2008 at 2:27am

Confirmed ! ;-)

Liam

9 April 2008 at 4:35am

Thanks, though it looks like I'll have to wait to submit the bug. Milestone has been closed off, as I'm not given an option for any version of SS.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

10 April 2008 at 12:15pm

LeeUmm: If you can't select the right milestone, then post without a milestone.

Liam

10 April 2008 at 12:47pm

Cheers Sam. I've reported the bug and was able to select a milestone now, so you must have changed something.

If in the future it happens again, I'll do it without picking a milestone. First time reporting, so was a little hesitant.

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

6 June 2008 at 4:49pm

I have several pages that are not shown on the navigation, but they all show up in the Site Map. Any ideas of how to prevent this?

Liam

7 June 2008 at 6:02pm

As this topic discusses, there is a bug which prevents this from happening.

The option isn't specific to whether the page shows up in the nav or not, what you want is to go to the 'meta-data' tab for a page, and click the 'advanced options'. There you will see how to rank the pages in the sitemap, but like I stated, the setting for 'not indexed' does not work correctly and all pages show up.

There is a ticket for this bug which will be fixed in the next release.

Go to Top