Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Feature Requests

Go to End

3 Posts   1461 Views

KatB

Community Member, 105 Posts

14 April 2008 at 3:33pm

Here are two features I think would be good to have:

1. When choosing to link to a page in the site, also being able to choose to link to an anchor in the given page. (Support for anchors)

2. I don't know if this is a blog module thing or a generally Silverstripe thing, but emailing comments to the blog poster, with links to the comment and the blog, so they can tell when comments have occurred and to which posts.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 April 2008 at 6:48pm

Edited: 14/04/2008 6:48pm

good news!

1. When choosing to link to a page in the site, also being able to choose to link to an anchor in the given page. (Support for anchors)

Check out 2.2.2rc3 or the svn trunk version you might be surprised!

2. I don't know if this is a blog module thing or a generally Silverstripe thing, but emailing comments to the blog poster, with links to the comment and the blog, so they can tell when comments have occurred and to which posts.

There is a very rough patch in the works to add email support from myself as I was getting tidied of having to check the site for comments, Its not an overly complex feature just a simple email with the comment and link. We kinda solved this in 2.1 with the Comments admin panel but I like to be emailed so I started playing round with that. I will post the diff for that as soon as I can make it. The other feature I want to add to the comment form is a field for a users website. I miss seeing who people are!

KatB

Community Member, 105 Posts

14 April 2008 at 8:00pm

I miss seeing who people are!

Ditto!

That is good news !:)))