Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Integration Google Analytics Code

Go to End

5 Posts   4993 Views

jensmoewes

Community Member, 7 Posts

15 April 2008 at 3:03am

Hi,
i pasted the google analytics code in the page.ss file of the theme i use, but don´t receive any
traffic in my google analytics account, even though it says it receives the data? any hints why that is the case or do i need to put it somewhere else? I put it just before the last </body> in the pages.ss.

Thanks and regards,
Jens

Jethro

5 Posts

15 April 2008 at 7:22am

I was looking for answer on that also. I too have mine at the last of the page.ss before the </body> tag. I viewed the page source after the page was delivered and it has the code. It really is puzzling.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

19 April 2008 at 10:34am

This sounds like it could be more of a Google Analytics issue than a SilverStripe issue, but could you post a link to your site so we can see?

KatB

Community Member, 105 Posts

29 April 2008 at 7:13pm

I am using Google Analytics and have no trouble. It takes a while for Google Analytics to get going though. I *think* (meaning I could be horribly wrong) that Google Analytics waits until what it decides is a day is ended, to start counting from the beginning of a full day, and won't show you data until the first full day is ended. If that makes *any* sense at all. :)

jensmoewes

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 June 2008 at 10:21am

Edited: 18/06/2008 10:22am

I receive the data now - silverstripe needs longer to digest this data than drupal does [or at least i appears later in my analytics account]. I put the code in the particular theme directory I use htdocs/themes/paddygreen/templates and then into page.ss . . now it works. Its not the standard theme so I put the code simply in the wrong page.ss