Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

bug with the gallery

Go to End

25 Posts   14734 Views

lekoala

Community Member, 31 Posts

16 April 2008 at 1:40am

I've installed the gallery module but I have this problem :

---

Notice: Undefined index: start in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 381

Notice: Undefined variable: group in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Undefined variable: group in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Undefined variable: params in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 332

Notice: Undefined variable: params in E:\www\xemecercle\silverstripe\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 332

---

which basically prevent the gallery from displaying correctly. The weird thing is that I've installed silverstripe on a fairly similar computer with the same software (only big difference is that it's windows server 2003 instead of windows vista) and everything is running just fine : no errors, ...

Any idea?

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

21 April 2008 at 12:36pm

Hi, I have found where does this problem come from and it has been fixed on the next version that we are preparing of the gallery module

lekoala

21 April 2008 at 6:24pm

That sounds like a good news to me :-) thanks! Do you know when it will be released ?

bimby

Community Member, 1 Post

14 May 2008 at 11:36pm

hi, i have d same problem 2.
but i'm running my installation on windows xp.
when will d fixed gallery be out

lekoala

15 May 2008 at 12:05am

with the rc5 and the module from the daily builds, no more errors... try an update!

MIke

Community Member, 7 Posts

2 June 2008 at 9:54am

hi,
I am still getting the same error,

Notice: Undefined variable: group in E:\Wamp\www\Globe2Share\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\Wamp\www\Globe2Share\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

with the last version of silverstripe-v2.2.2 and the last release gallery 0.2.2. Do you have any idea how to fix this bug ?

Thanks

kellective

Community Member, 1 Post

29 June 2008 at 12:03pm

I have been trying to install the gallery module v 0.2.2 with silverstripe v2.2.2 and im also getting the same errors.

Notice: Undefined variable: params in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 332

Notice: Undefined variable: group in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2\gallery\code\GalleryPage.php on line 330

So is this getting fixed in the next version? Any idea when this is going to be released?

Thanks,
Kelly

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 June 2008 at 1:16pm

These are just notices, pretty straight forward to fix actually for example the notice line 332 - your first one - open up Gallery/code/GalleryPage.php and change line 332 from

$item->PopupParams = $params;

to something like

$item->PopupParams = isset($params) ? $params : "";

So that it checks it exists before using it (with the isset() command).
So is this getting fixed in the next version

I have made a ticket for this work - http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2602

Go to Top