Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree_Draft`

Go to End

8 Posts   7697 Views

billy

Community Member, 9 Posts

18 April 2007 at 10:44am

Edited: 18/04/2007 10:45am

Installation is failing for me with the following error:

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree_Draft`.*, `UserDefinedForm_Draft`.*, `SubscribeForm_Draft`.*, `ErrorPage_Draft`.*, `GhostPage_Draft`.*, `RedirectorPage_Draft`.*, `VirtualPage_Draft`.*, `SiteTree_Draft`.ID, if(`SiteTree_Draft`.ClassName,`SiteTree_Draft`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree_Draft` LEFT JOIN `UserDefinedForm_Draft` ON `UserDefinedForm_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID LEFT JOIN `SubscribeForm_Draft` ON `SubscribeForm_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage_Draft` ON `ErrorPage_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID LEFT JOIN `GhostPage_Draft` ON `GhostPage_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage_Draft` ON `RedirectorPage_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage_Draft` ON `VirtualPage_Draft`.ID = `SiteTree_Draft`.ID WHERE (URLSegment = 'home') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1

The reason for the error is pretty straight forward, i.e. the table doesn't exist, so I guess the real problem is 'why isn't the table being created during the installation process?'. One thing I did notice is that the number of tables successfully created prior to this error is exactly 50, but I'm guessing this is simply a coincidence as I can login to the mysql server as the same user and create tables manually.

Cheers,
Billy

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

18 April 2007 at 11:43am

Weird.

`SiteTree` is supposed to be the draft table, not `SiteTree_draft`.
`SiteTree_Live` in turn, is the published version of that.

Which version, 2.0.0 or 2.0.1?

Cheers,
Sean

billy

18 April 2007 at 12:17pm

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

18 April 2007 at 2:44pm

Odd... I did an install just 5 mins ago of 2.0.1 and can't seem to replicate this at all... using MAMP on my Mac...

Would be good if anyone else out there could produce the same problem, which server specs are you running on?

Cheers,
Sean

billy

18 April 2007 at 3:15pm

Apache 2.2.3, MySQL 5.0.24a and PHP 5.2.1 running on centOS.

billy

19 April 2007 at 8:01am

Yeah, I did play around with an earlier version actually and I did get a weird caching problem when I tried to install this version, the installation script was trying to include files at the old installation's location. Rebooting apache seemed to fix that problem though and it isn't fixing this one. I've removed and re-made the root directory completely, cleared all the relevant files I could find out of tmp and rebooted apache but it is still happeing.

billy

19 April 2007 at 5:41pm

Im not sure how or why but that seemed to fix it... Thanks alot for your help guys.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

20 April 2007 at 1:33am

Great to hear you're on back on your way to playing with SilverStripe :)