Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

The Blog Module

Go to End

9 Posts   5157 Views

Agent

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 April 2008 at 3:53pm

Edited: 27/04/2008 3:57pm

I am new to SilverStripe and I like the blog module but why does it only use bbcode? Why can I not write a blog post in full html using tinymce editor?

Also how about some categories for these blog posts?

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

27 April 2008 at 4:31pm

If you're using the blog module available on SVN, you can use tinyMCE.

Simply add:

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

to mysite/_config.php

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 April 2008 at 6:17pm

Also how about some categories for these blog posts?

How do you mean categories?? you can tag a blog post then users will be able to browse by tag which you can use as categories for your posts.

Agent

28 April 2008 at 1:08am

Excellent, thanks.

brb5548

Community Member, 17 Posts

21 June 2008 at 3:10am

Edited: 21/06/2008 3:23am

I just downloaded the latest daily build from svn for the blog module so that I could use the above mentioned TinyMCE editor. Everything works fine and I have updated the mysite/_config.php file and I can make edits that show properly on the main blog page but when I try to view the "full post" all of the content in the blog posting are displayed with the html tags. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 June 2008 at 10:15am

Open up the blogEntry.ss file. - It will be in your current theme - /themes/blackcandy_blog/templates/Layout/BlogEntry.ss OR if its not in your current theme it will be in /blog/templates/Layout (The template parser looks for your custom theme, then defaults to the default file provided)

Then find the

<p>$ParsedContent</p>

and change that to just
<p>$Content</p>

I think its the Parsed Content method might be the issue

brb5548

Community Member, 17 Posts

21 June 2008 at 11:39am

that fixed it... I changed $Content.Parse(BBCodeParser) to $Content
I should have caught that. Thanks for your help. Next time I am in Wellington I will have to buy you a beer... thanks again.

amccarty

12 November 2008 at 7:47am

I'm using blog module for newsletters right now, and could really use some structured categorization on the postings. I realize this isn't in the spirit of blogging, but if an author could select from a predefined list of tags, a filter on specific postings could be much more effective (no more misspellings, typos, etc.). If others have solved this problem using an alternate solution, please let me know.

Go to Top