Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Error in GD.php due to image upload

Go to End

2 Posts   2341 Views

froburg

Community Member, 8 Posts

20 May 2008 at 7:51am

My client uploaded an image that apparently overloaded my shared server's memory allowance. When I visited the page in the CMS, the image tab gave a Fatal error message in GD.php and no ability to remove the image or do anything. The same error comes up when I try to view that page on the live website. I tried to delete the page, but after I deleted it, I couldn't unpublish it and the page just sat in the CMS with the Fatal error in GD.php instead of showing any of the tabs or content boxes. Trying to log back into the admin area shortly thereafter now gives the same error, so I can't get into the CMS at all:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9620 bytes) in /home2/jfsyork/public_html/sapphire/filesystem/GD.php on line 21

UPDATE: As I was about to hit submit, I got the idea to erase line 21 from GD.php. I could then log into the CMS, delete the offending page, and then I added line 21 back to GD.php, and everything seems to be working fine! I assume there's some leftover rubbish in the database now but I'm not concerned about that (should I be?)

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

20 May 2008 at 9:41pm

Same happens if a client uploads a corrupt image. Files / Images stops working and the concerned page throws an error. I'm currently trying to replicate this behaviour.