Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

tinyMCE in security-tab

Go to End

3 Posts   2205 Views

blaater

Community Member, 22 Posts

22 May 2008 at 8:43am

Hello,

Can anybody help me? I'm trying to get a textarea with tinyMCE in the security tab. To do this i've made a adjustment in the SecurityAdmin class. I've added a HtmlEditorField to the fieldset in the getEditForm function. The textarea is visible and the content is saved to the database, but there's no tinyMCE visible. Has anybody done this before? Is there a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance!

Grayzag (aka ajshort)

29 Posts

27 May 2008 at 9:13pm

Edited: 27/05/2008 9:14pm

Hi blaater,

As the security area is not designed to use TinyMCE, you'll need to hack some of this files in the cms/ directory to achieve this. If you examine cms/templates/Includes/, SecurityAdmin_right.ss and CMSMain_right.ss, youll notice the tag

<% include Editor_toolbar %>

in CMSMain_right.ss

If you put this right at the top of SecurityAdmin_right.ss, hopefully it'll work. I haven't tested this, but from what I can tell that should include all the needed javascript etc as well.

blaater

Community Member, 22 Posts

28 May 2008 at 5:26am

Thanks for the help. Once I added the editor toolbar in the template, tinymce was visible , but it still didn't work. Then I also copied the following code from the init of CMSMain.php to the in it of SecurityAdmin.php and everything works fine.

// We don't want this showing up in every ajax-response, it should always be present in a CMS-environment
		if(!Director::is_ajax()) {
			Requirements::javascriptTemplate("cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js", array(
				"ContentCSS" => (SSViewer::current_theme() ? "themes/" . SSViewer::current_theme() : project()) . "/css/editor.css",
				"BaseURL" => Director::absoluteBaseURL(),
				"Lang" => i18n::get_tinymce_lang()
			));
		}