Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Module installations failing

Go to End

Dennis

Community Member, 7 Posts

22 May 2008 at 8:53am

I'm having a problem installing modules. I've followed the directions unpack, move, run db/build?flush=1.

the build?flush spews a lot of php code onto the page (small sample of the beginning follows) and doesn't provide any new pagetypes in the CMS. I thought perhaps I had munged something in my first install, so I created another and installed SS again (with no errors) to try the module install on a 'clean' framework. Alas, I got the same results...

On my earlier SS install I saw the same effects with a couple of different modules, but had successfully installed the external authentication module (LDAP).

Anyone have any ideas to get me past this problem?

thanks,
Dennis

"Datetime", "Author" => "Text", "Tags" => "Text" ); static $casting = array( "Date" => "Date" ); static $defaults = array( "ProvideComments" => true ); static $allowed_children = "none"; /** * overload so that the default date is today. */ public function populateDefaults(){ parent::populateDefaults(); $this->Date = date("d/m/Y H:i:s",time()); } /** * Ensures the most recent article edited on the same day is shown first. */ public function setDate($val){ $datepart = date("Y-m-d",strtotime($val)); $minutepart = date("H:i:s",time()); $date = $datepart . " " . $minutepart; return $this->setField("Date",$date); } function getCMSFields() { Requirements::javascript('blog/javascript/bbcodehelp.js'); Requirements::css('blog/css/bbcodehelp.css'); $firstName = Member::CurrentMember() ? Member::currentMember()->FirstName : ''; $codeparser = new BBCodeParser(); $fields = parent::getCMSFields(); $fields->removeFieldFromTab("Root.Content.Main","Content"); $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new TextareaField("Content", "Content", 20)); $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new CalendarDateField("Date", "Date"),"Content"); $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new TextField("Author", "Author", $firstName),"Content"); $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new LiteralField("BBCodeHelper", "
" . "BBCode help" . "
".$codeparser->useable_tagsHTML()."