Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Data Object Management Tutorial - CMS Error Message

Go to End

3 Posts   6935 Views

Aaron

Community Member, 63 Posts

24 May 2008 at 3:54pm

Hi,

I'm running through the Tutorial here: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorial:5-dataobject-relationship-management where you create a Google Summer of Code project directory with Student/Mentor relationships.

Admittingly, I'm changing class and field names to suit what I am using it for. The analogy is perfect for what I want.

My Project holder works, but when I go to create a Project page under it, I get a simple JS error that says: "ERROR:There has been an Error".

Not very descriptive obviously, so is there a way I can get a more detailed explaination of what the error might be? (In the CMS)

Cheers
Aaron

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 May 2008 at 10:37pm

Have you got firebug installed? If you have that would hopefully be able to point out the error. The error isnt a blank page with the black text ERROR is it or is it inline in the CMS? If its a whole blank page then try putting the site into Dev mode - which will display full errors instead of the basic error page.

Aaron

Community Member, 63 Posts

25 May 2008 at 2:04pm

Hey Will,

Yeah Firebug is installed. I didn't think to check it actually and I fixed the error (spelling mistake in the new class).

I was more wondering if there was a more reportive way to debug SS. I'll do a search for DEV mode. Being able to see what data objects a page has access to would be handy too.

cheers
Aaron