Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Polls module not working?

Go to End

4 Posts   1975 Views

masson

Community Member, 8 Posts

25 May 2008 at 1:37am

Hey, I downloaded the latest trunk of the polls module, and i have the latest Silverstripe 2.2. However it seems like the polls plugins is not working correctly?, i get bunch of errors in the admin area. Can that be true or am i doing something wrong?.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 May 2008 at 12:32pm

Hey - What errors do you come across? Im currently working on that module so if you are having any errors let me know and I'll have a look into it. It should be working fine with SS 2.2.2

Make sure you've done a db/build.

Its fairly limited at the moment the module but Im going to adding graphing for the results (both front end and backend) in the coming week hopefully as this is needed for one of our projects

masson

Community Member, 8 Posts

30 May 2008 at 2:58am

Hey,

Ok i fixed the error, it seemed that i had some leftovers in the database, just one more thing, how can i display the poll on the front page?. I can´t seem to figure that out.

And of course, thank you for your work. I appreciate it.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 May 2008 at 9:37am

I think the documentation covers this. But in your code you need a function like

function ShowPoll() {
return new ShowPoll($this, 'ShowPoll');
}

Then in your template you need to have a $ShowPoll