Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Having trouble with Calendar Module

Go to End

7 Posts   2870 Views

Louie

Community Member, 9 Posts

4 June 2008 at 2:53am

Hi. I downloaded your calendar module thru svn, and I'm hoping to implement it in my website. After i copied and pasted its contents to my website's folder, I am not able to see the new calendar page types on the database after I type db/build/?flush=1. So I figured out I have to change the base class of Calendar.php (ViewableData) to Page:

'class Calendar extends Page {'.

After that, when I db/build/?flush=1, I already saw the calendar pages in the database but I'm having some trouble now with accessing the CMS due to some errors probably in the php files I modified. So should I change the extensions back to ViewableData or should I keep it to extending Page? If so, where can I get/download ViewableData object, because I can't seem to find it in the database? Do I have to create a new ContentController for Calendar, or is it already not necessary?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

23 September 2008 at 4:24am

How did you get on with this? I'm having the same problem.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 September 2008 at 4:06pm

there is some brief docs here - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:calendar you can read.

Briohny

23 September 2008 at 7:16pm

Hey Willr. Yep i've gone through those docs. I'm still at just trying to install the files. The db won't recognise the module unless i change 'class Calendar extends ViewableData {' to 'class Calendar extends Page {' When that installs, then the admin doesn't work.

Not sure what to do next. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 September 2008 at 7:26pm

Well I havent had any dealings with the module and the original developer has since left so Im not too sure how its meant to work sorry!

Briohny

23 September 2008 at 7:45pm

No probs. Thanks anyway.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

4 October 2008 at 12:14pm

I am having the exact same issue but unfortunatly don't have the skills to fix it...