Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Do themes change the admin interface?

Go to End

4 Posts   2062 Views

fogster

Community Member, 4 Posts

7 June 2008 at 1:58pm

I uploaded a new couple of new themes, changed the one I'm using, and now the admin interface (backend) looks all wonky. Only subtly different, but things don't line up right and I have some white text on white backgrounds. Does this ring any bells? (If themes *do* apply to the admin interface, can I somehow configure them not to?)

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 June 2008 at 4:56pm

Edited: 07/06/2008 4:57pm

Hi there,

No - this is a bug. Typically this is caused by themes which don't have namespaced CSS rules in the typography.css file.

If you open up the offending theme typography.css file, there are probably CSS rules like h2 {} which should be more like .typography h2 { }.

The idea is the CMS should ONLY pick up the theme styles for .typography CSS rules. If it picks up others, then it has the potential to break other styles, as .typography is only targeted towards the TinyMCE editor, so that you can match theme styles to the editable styles.

Just out of interest, which theme(s) are having this problem?

Cheers,
Sean

fogster

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 June 2008 at 7:36am

Edited: 08/06/2008 7:37am

"Just out of interest, which theme(s) are having this problem?"

The one I hacked together without understanding what the typography.css file was. O:-)

Thanks for the help.

Edit: how the @$%@# do you make linebreaks work? I had a post in the "Bugs (temp)" forum about the same thing.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

9 June 2008 at 8:37am

There's some issue with the forum, it keeps on stripping out the line breaks for some reason. I think it's the formatting parser doing it. I'll see if anyone in the office knows about it.