Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

BLOG plugin Problem

Go to End

24 Posts   20732 Views

snovvvolf

Community Member, 51 Posts

25 June 2008 at 2:35pm

i was setip the silver stripe cms yesterday, and i try to add in the blog module, i just follow the video guide that provide at the tutorials, but in the end my blog still can not work.

can any tell me that i am wrong in any step here.
1. upload the blog module to my linux hosting.
2. unzip it at the CMS folder and then there will have a new blog folder in cms folder, am i right?
3. go to my website link like www.myname.com/db/build?flush=1
4. will go to the database creation page
5.refresh my admin page then will saw my blog link at the left hand sidebar

if above the step i correct, then why my blog page still no work?

any one can help me on this.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 June 2008 at 4:31pm

, then why my blog page still no work?...

Can you expand more on your problem?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

25 June 2008 at 8:08pm

2. unzip it at the CMS folder and then there will have a new blog folder in cms folder, am i right?

I think this is where you are going wrong. the "blog" directory should be a sibling of cms, not inside it. Make sure it is on the same level as "cms", "sapphire" and "jsparty" directories. Once you've confirmed this is correct, you can then go to the db/build?flush=1 link.

Sean

gkinane

Community Member, 22 Posts

25 June 2008 at 10:40pm

Hi
I've had a problem as well. "blog" is in the right place but get an error in install.Having gone
through about 250 lines of install the following message appears.

Error
The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

Is it a permissions problem ?

Regards
Gerry

Sean

25 June 2008 at 11:44pm

gkinane: Try adding this to your _config.php:

Director::set_environment_type('dev');

This forces the site into "dev" mode, which will show all errors instead of just a message saying "there was a problem".

After you've set the site to "dev" mode, try refreshing where the "website error" occurred, paste in the error into here so we can see exactly the error that's occurring with the blog module.

Sean

gkinane

Community Member, 22 Posts

26 June 2008 at 12:00am

Sean
Error below. I also tried to add Gallery as you will see with similar results.
Regards
Gerry

FATAL ERROR: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: ALTER TABLE `SiteTree` CHANGE `ClassName` `ClassName` enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','UserDefinedForm','GalleryPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','SubscribeForm') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' | ALTER command denied to user 'gerryk'@'ge1' for table 'sitetree'
At line 431 in /home/gerryk/public_html/sapphire/core/model/Database.php

user_error(DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: ALTER TABLE `SiteTree` CHANGE `ClassName` `ClassName` enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','UserDefinedForm','GalleryPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','SubscribeForm') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' | ALTER command denied to user 'gerryk'@'ge1' for table 'sitetree',256)
line 431 of Database.php

Database->databaseError(Couldn't run query: ALTER TABLE `SiteTree` CHANGE `ClassName` `ClassName` enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','UserDefinedForm','GalleryPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','SubscribeForm') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' | ALTER command denied to user 'gerryk'@'ge1' for table 'sitetree',256)
line 108 of MySQLDatabase.php

MySQLDatabase->query(ALTER TABLE `SiteTree` CHANGE `ClassName` `ClassName` enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','UserDefinedForm','GalleryPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','SubscribeForm') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
line 210 of MySQLDatabase.php

MySQLDatabase->alterTable(SiteTree,Array,Array,Array,Array)
line 160 of Database.php

Database->endSchemaUpdate()
line 178 of DatabaseAdmin.php

DatabaseAdmin->doBuild()
line 90 of DatabaseAdmin.php

DatabaseAdmin->build(Array)
line 261 of Controller.php

Controller->run(Array)
line 104 of Director.php

Director::direct(db/build)
line 158 of main.php
Context
Debug (Debug::showError() in line 180 of Debug.php)

* msg =

Couldn't run query: ALTER TABLE `SiteTree` CHANGE `ClassName` `ClassName` enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','UserDefinedForm','GalleryPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','SubscribeForm') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' | ALTER command denied to user 'gerryk'@'ge1' for table 'sitetree'

* errorLevel =

Sean

26 June 2008 at 9:14am

The error means your MySQL user doesn't have access to alter the SiteTree table. I would suggest checking your host to see if you can gain privileges for altering tables for your MySQL user, or - if it's your own server, you could try yourself. An easy way to give a MySQL user permissions is to log into phpMyAdmin, if you have it, and use the "Privileges" menu.

Cheers,
Sean

snovvvolf

Community Member, 51 Posts

26 June 2008 at 3:45pm

Edited: 26/06/2008 3:55pm

HI sean

i already pull out the blog from cms folder and put it at the same lvl with cms but still no work. i show you how i do it, i delate all the silver stripe cms scripts, also remake a new MySQL database, then i upload agian the silver stripe cms to my linux hosting, this time my upload .zip is include the blog, forum, e-commerce, and gallery, then in just unzip it in my host, and go to www.myname.com/install.php, i was success full install the scripts, i when to the home page is ok, e-commerce page ok 2, forum ok 3, but blog just come out a blank page, dint come out any warning, or error massages on the blank page.

when finish install i go to my home page that mean www.myname.com shut i need to do this step db/build?flush=1 link this to make my blog function at all?

Tell me where i go wrong.

Go to Top