Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

BLOG plugin Problem

Go to End

24 Posts   20732 Views

snovvvolf

Community Member, 51 Posts

28 June 2008 at 8:29pm

Edited: 28/06/2008 8:30pm

willr,

i really dont know what is the PHP error log you ask me look at, i already ask my server support help on this PHP error log, he just told me that, login to my cpanel and click on the error log icon then will saw what i want?

is the error log icon on my cpanel is the PHP error Log that you ask me to look into?

if yes then what shut i do? noting in there can i modify.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 June 2008 at 8:40pm

never used cPanel but if thats what your server support people said then yes click that icon.

if yes then what shut i do? noting in there can i modify.

You dont want to modify anything you just want to see what the error is. Because it is a blank screen then it will be likely there would be a error behind it (as you dont get blank screens for nothing) and the PHP error logs I mentioned has the Log of Errors for your site. And thats what might show us the problem with your site (as its probably a error).

That File should have a list of lines with details and dates about all the errors on your site.

snovvvolf

28 June 2008 at 8:55pm

willr,

this is the error log show

Error Log
Last 300 Error Log Messages in reverse order:

[Sat Jun 28 03:35:42 2008] [error] [client 60.48.95.47] File does not exist: /home/blue007/public_html/silvercms/ecommerce/images/productPlaceHolderThumbnail.gif
[Sat Jun 28 03:16:54 2008] [error] [client 66.249.66.131] client denied by server configuration: /home/blue007/public_html/universityblog/wp-content/plugins/freepress/error_log

willr,

pls visit my silver stripe cms site to take a look, the blog problem.
www.silvercms.ivantan.com

the ecommerce and forum is ok but blog page will show you the blank page, totally is white.

Willr

28 June 2008 at 9:14pm

Is that all the errors? Thats a shame no SilverStripe ones

ok as you can see now - http://www.silvercms.ivantan.com/blog/ (i logged into your cms and had a play round) ive got the issue down to the 'BlogEntry.php' file

Because I have disabled the BlogEntry page type and that page works. Something in BlogEntry.php is causing an error...

snovvvolf

28 June 2008 at 9:34pm

thank willr,

can you tell me where & how to disabled the BlogEntry page. i dont want this error come out agian if i setup one more ss cms in my other domain.

Willr

28 June 2008 at 9:41pm

You disable it by going into the admin section click the page and select the Behaviour tab - and set it to something different then Blog Entry.

But that shouldnt be the 'fix' lmao. You should dig round and try and work out why the error happens in the first place. Im sorry that I cant help out more

snovvvolf

28 June 2008 at 10:03pm

Thank you very much Willr

uhuy.net

Community Member, 5 Posts

20 November 2008 at 10:09pm

Got the same problem,
Blog with blank page...

please help

Go to Top