Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

User Registration System

Go to End

5 Posts   3609 Views

BLU42 Media

Community Member, 71 Posts

26 June 2008 at 3:16am

Hi-

I'm new to the forum and very impressed with SilverStripe! I'm looking forward to using it on several upcoming projects.

I'm writing to see if anyone has had any luck with setting up a User Registration System of some sort. I have a client with a site running Plone that I would like to migrate to SS, but a key component will be for their users to be able to access their own content on a segment of the site. Ideally, I would like to automate some of the registration process.

Anybody have some code they would like to share?

Thanks!
John

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 June 2008 at 2:13pm

Some people on the forum are making a basic user signup / networking module to demonstrate how to do this we might also try and turn that into a tutorial aswell or something like that. Your best bet for example code is to check out the forum module as thats really the only user based module

BLU42 Media

27 June 2008 at 6:01pm

Hi Will-

Thanks for the insight! I will take a look at the forum and see what I can come up with.

John

PassePartout

Community Member, 21 Posts

4 July 2008 at 6:12am

Let us know how your progress is going, have you run into any problems? How many people are doing the "forum to user registration" ripping?

Any information on how you get this done would be great.

BLU42 Media

4 July 2008 at 3:57pm

I will certainly post my progress. I'm in a waiting phase with the client, so I will be holding off on getting really serious with this while some other projects are taking 'center stage'.

In the meantime, I would certainly welcome any else's trials and tribulations, too! It seems like a nice piece of functionality that's already available, it just needs a little reshaping to adapt to other situations.