Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Forum post error

Go to End

13 Posts   5316 Views

snovvvolf

Community Member, 51 Posts

29 June 2008 at 5:25am

Edited: 29/06/2008 4:32pm

i try posting my own forum, when i wanna to post i click on start new topic, then at my top of the forum show up a error there, when i finish type my text and wanna to click post button then the error is come up. like below

Notice: Controller::currentController() is deprecated. Use Controller::curr() instead. in /home/ivantan/public_html/silvercms/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php on line 367

after that i just undo back to my post page and click on the forum again, but my new post is there. i dont know why the pot can be update, when i click on post button the error show up on the page?

can try post om my forum, then you will saw that error show up, www.silvercms.ivantan.com/forum

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 June 2008 at 8:29pm

Are you using the trunk version of the Forum module or the stable release?

snovvvolf

30 June 2008 at 9:29pm

i not sure what version i use, i just download on the modules last week, what is trunk version ?

or may be i try to upload the forum the lastest version then upload agian, then can solve the problem?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 June 2008 at 9:38pm

Normally we have several available versions of each module. The Stable Releases - these are what you download off http://silverstripe.com/modules/ and the trunk and branches of the code which are available via SVN (Subversion) to download. Now the forum module - the stable release is about 6 months old. So its very likely that using it with the SilverStripe version 2.2.2 there might be a few issues, like the notices you mentioned.

Try the more up to date version by checking it out via SVN or if you have no clue what SVN is then you might like to download the latest "DailyBuild" from - http://dailybuilds.silverstripe.com/modules-tarballs/

snovvvolf

30 June 2008 at 10:33pm

hi willr i already upload the lastest forum domule, the forum page error have been solve but, when i try to post a new topic, after press post buttom the pages address is http://silvercms.ivantan.com/introduce-your-self/flat/7?showPost=7

and is a blank pages. can not see any think there.

snovvvolf

1 July 2008 at 6:24pm

Edited: 02/07/2008 6:29pm

willr, i have already check my forum post there is no error posting on my forum, but why when i click on the post button, the function must send us to the topic we create or post, no just a blank page right. but my forum when click post the function will send me to a blank page, when i check at my forum the post was create but i want to go in to that topic i create there will become a blank page agian, can pls try posting in my forum and tell me why.

snovvvolf

2 July 2008 at 6:43pm

is my forum topic, the behavious tool, need to change the Forum(current) to Forum Holder?

StarsandStripes

Community Member, 4 Posts

2 July 2008 at 11:39pm

Edited: 02/07/2008 11:40pm

I'm having the exact same problem. I downloaded and installed the 2.2.2-version of Silverstripe. No problems there, after that I got the forum module - both is the versions supplied on the download page. After uploading the files and doing a db rebuild I got the error about the "Controller::currentController()" from forum.php - I changed that and it works better. Still, this is a bug in the current public release! And there's more, the forums homepage of a new forum I created shows HTML code. Not a big deal either but both of these things shows that this is not stuff ready for prime time. Too bad.

Go to Top