Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

some issues with the translation module

Go to End

3 Posts   2017 Views

vince

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 July 2008 at 12:40am

i created a bi-lingual site (german/english) with silverstripe and i'm currently experiencing two issues with the translation feature:

- when i switch to translation mode (german in my case) and click on "save and publish" the changes are published and appear on the site immediately. still, the tree node appears green, indicating unpublished changes. to reset the tree node and make it appear black, i need to switch to the original (english) site tree and click on "save and publish" there. this seems pretty confusing to me and or is this by design? what's the reason for this behaviour?

- when i create new translations for pages, an additional entry for the translation language is added to the language menu below the site tree, even if it already exists there. e.g. after creating 3 german translations, i end up with 4 "german" entries in the menu. these duplicated entries are gone when logging in again. this is probably a bug i suppose?

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

17 July 2008 at 10:14pm

Hi vince,

thanks for taking the time to describe the bugs you've encountered in detail, and sorry for the late answer. I've added them to the bugtracker, unfortunately we don't have the resources to fix them right now - keen to contribute? Especially the dropdown-bug should be fairly straightforward to fix :)

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2666

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2667

vince

Community Member, 4 Posts

20 July 2008 at 6:02am

Hi ingo,

thanks for your answer, no worries about the delay and thanks for adding the bugs to the database. next time i'll try to add them myself, but as i'm pretty new to this community i thought i'd start here and ask first.. ;)

i'd love to contribute, i hope i'll find some time next month to look into this.