Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

2nd hurdle..

Go to End

2 Posts   1729 Views

Sharon

Community Member, 1 Post

3 July 2008 at 12:52am

OK I was getting the apparently "normal" error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in

and checked i have the right PHP setting which i didnt so i fixed that so it is 5.2.5 running now.

Go to the install page and i get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\notjustanothersite.co.uk\subdomains\Sharon\httpdocs\install.php on line 176

Its a windows hosted site, have used Mambo etc before and everything worked fine, all files are writeable etc.

Code at the line mentioned is:

// Check for GD support
if(!$this->requireFunction("imagecreatetruecolor", array("PHP Configuration", "GD2 support", "PHP must have GD version 2."))) {
$this->requireFunction("imagecreate", array("PHP Configuration", "GD2 support", "GD2 support", "GD support for PHP not included."));
}

If anyone can cast their eagle eye over it i would be most grateful for any help.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 July 2008 at 4:03pm

Have you got GD2 installed for PHP?. I dont know much else from looking at that Im sorry