Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Start-Recipe Form Tutorial Does Not Work

Go to End

2 Posts   2635 Views

PassePartout

Community Member, 21 Posts

4 July 2008 at 3:14am

Hello,

So I'm trying to create a registration page and was following the start-recipe tutorial. To start things off beginning at "Start by creating a page called Registration.php". If you follow the instructions you get an error when trying to build. I have tried a couple ways to resolve this issue as you will see in the comments section on that tutorial page. I may have just been avoiding the true error as I seem to just be changing what error I get and where. If somebody could look into this or try out the code and get it to work let me know,

cheers

PassePartout

Community Member, 21 Posts

4 July 2008 at 3:54am

I have done a few changes but here are my files ( Registration.php and RegistrationsDataObject.php. As the comments say, I had a few errors which I tried to address.

The first was "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PRIVATE in *****/mysite/code/Registration.php on line 71" which was fixed by taking away the "}" on line 68 and putting it at the end of the page.
This made another error appear "Error in Ajax evaluator on line 974: missing ; before statement
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in *****/mysite/code/Registration.php on line 136" which was fixed by removing the following code
function extraJs() {
$v =
<<<JS
/* ALL YOUR JAVASCRIPT TRICKS HERE */

JS;
return $v;
}
However now i get another problem when I go in the CMS and on the Registration page type I created, under the "registrations" tab, when i go to "add registrations data object" I get this error... "Data-integrity is broken in TariffsDataObject"