Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Hosting on Webdrive (NZ) - Error saving content

Go to End

5 Posts   1899 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

7 July 2008 at 11:46am

Edited: 07/07/2008 11:50am

Hi All,

I have just setup my first completed SS on Webdrive NZ and begun testing the system. All seems well on the surface.

FYI - there are two must haves at the top of the htaccess file for this host:
php_value memory_limit 64M
php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference 1

You will intermittingly get memory exhausted errors without the first one, as Webdrive's default memory_limit is 20MB. This will always happen when you do a ?flush=1 or db/build/?flush=1 if you don't add it.

The one (and so far only) problem I am having is when trying to save a page in the CMS. It doesn't matter what page type I try (including the default Page), I get "Error saving content" in the lower left of the content window, and this error in Firebug:

POST http://www.domain.com/admin/?executeForm=EditForm 500 (1868ms)

Safe mode is turned off, and this is all working fine on local WAMP, so must be a configuration on the live server (I don't have access to raw logs).

Any ideas?
Aaron

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 July 2008 at 1:00pm

If you turn dev mode on on the live site on the webserver (only temp, never want to leave a live site in dev mode) then try and save - under firebug -> Console the ajax request hopefully will return an error.

Double-A-Ron

7 July 2008 at 1:20pm

Edited: 07/07/2008 1:21pm

Mean - I didn't know that works on the CMS side too for AJAX calls. Here is the first part of the error:

ERROR:Error 256: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SELECT MAX(Version) + 1 FROM SiteTree_versions WHERE

RecordID = 15 | Table 'vivaexp.SiteTree_versions' doesn't exist

So a table naming thing again (I had to manually change all the table names to upper case because WAMP set them all to lowercase.

Ovbiously the word "_versions" needs to be lowercase. Can you confirm that this is across the board? Is there any others I should be aware of (like "_live"? Which is currently "_Live" on my system)

Cheers
Aaron

Double-A-Ron

7 July 2008 at 1:32pm

Mean +1

Problem solved by changing "_Versions" to "_versions" on all the page type table names, including SiteTree_Versions.

Can I just have a clarification on the naming convention here please? Looking at a clean install, "_versions" is the only table name word that needs to be lowercase. "_Live" is supposed to be title cased.

Cheers
Aaron

Double-A-Ron

7 July 2008 at 1:33pm

Edited: 07/07/2008 1:40pm

Hey Sam,

Cheers for the tip. I'll do that now too.

Aaron

EDIT - Hey, Sam's post is gone....