Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

install problem

Go to End

12 Posts   5196 Views

doda

Community Member, 1 Post

7 July 2008 at 10:51pm

when i get to the install.php page i can't proceed because i get the following error

Is the .htaccess file writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2/.htaccess is writable.

Is the mysite/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2/mysite is writable.

Is the tutorial/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2/tutorial is writable.

Is the assets/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.2/assets is writable.

i tried removing the read only attribute from the 3 folders and it appears to be disabled in the .htaccess file but it still shows the same errors

OS is Win XP Browser is Fierfox 2

Thanks

cliersch

Community Member, 75 Posts

8 July 2008 at 1:40am

Edited: 08/07/2008 1:41am

Have you tried to install silverstripe several times in the same folder? Somtimes I had this problem too - but when I deleted all the files and database tables and installed it again it was suddenly running.

Garthan

Community Member, 15 Posts

8 July 2008 at 1:58am

u've the same problem of mine.... but u installed it on your local machine...
i installed silverstripe on my hosting website

cliersch

8 July 2008 at 2:02am

No - I had the Problem on our Apache webserver (no local system). But you worte your installing path ist from c:\wamp\www\silverstripe ?

Garthan

8 July 2008 at 2:07am

i didn't install silverstripe on my computer. i installed on hoster.

Is the .htaccess file writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /.htaccess is writable.
Is the mysite/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /mysite is writable.
Is the tutorial/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /tutorial is writable.
Is the assets/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /assets is writable.

cliersch

8 July 2008 at 2:12am

Did yout set the folder permissions of thes files and folders to chmod 777 (reading and writing)?

Garthan

8 July 2008 at 2:17am

oh... i don't know about that... how can i do that? pls explain me easly :)

cliersch

8 July 2008 at 2:28am

Edited: 08/07/2008 2:29am

You may use your the FTP Client. Login on your server. Select the file or folder you want to edit. The FTP client should have a menu for "file attributes" (also called chmod attributes). Mostly yout have to set some checkboxes for "reading and writing" (or chmod 777). Activate all for each file. Try again the installing. Maybe this will work now.

Go to Top