Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

install.php blank page

Go to End

7 Posts   2513 Views

cihan

Community Member, 9 Posts

10 July 2008 at 8:17pm

Hello,

I know this "blank page" is already written here, but no post helps me to solve my problem. I want you SilverStripe on the Live Server (www.webdesign-solutions.ch). I cant understand the blank page. I have downloaded in the download site SilverStripe. On my local server it works without problems. So I cant understand why it not works on the Live Server.

The other posts about this "blank page" was not realy a help for me.

Thanks for your helps.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 July 2008 at 10:20pm

Yep blank pages are never useful :P but error logs are! See if you can get access to your php_error.log file - this should hopefully have the PHP error thats causing it.

When Ive seen a blank page on the installer a couple things to check

* Running PHP5
* At least 32MB of php memory, 64MB+ recommend.

But the server error logs should provide a starting point

cihan

11 July 2008 at 8:37pm

Hello,

thank you for your anwser. I asked my hoster to give me the error_log file. In this file is this:

[Fri Jul 11 10:03:15 2008] [error] [client 84.253.15.193] File does not exist: /*folder*/*folder*/*folder*/*htdocsFolder*/install.php2

[Fri Jul 11 10:03:17 2008] [error] [client 84.253.15.193] File does not exist: /*folder*/*folder*/*folder*/*htdocsFolder*/install.ph

I dont understand why he says "install.php2" or "instll.ph"? In the "htdocsFolder" are all Files from SilverStripe. I dont have an File install.php2. I dont know why he searchs a files called install.php2 or install.ph.

So I hope you can realy help me, its a important thing for me.

Thank you.

Cihan

Willr

11 July 2008 at 8:59pm

strange I dont have any idea why its doing install.php ether... Your host doesnt have multiple versions of PHP does it? Some hosts have multiple versions of PHP all running in the same environment so make sure your project is PHP5 - use phpinfo() to see what versions running.

cihan

11 July 2008 at 10:04pm

Edited: 11/07/2008 10:07pm

Thank you for your help.
The problem was the php version. I thouht always I have php5 but it was php4. Perheps we can make an funtion in the install.php that make a php version check and put then an message if its not php5.

Thank you very much.

sherman

Community Member, 48 Posts

22 July 2008 at 9:44am

Is php 5 mandatory?

Willr

22 July 2008 at 11:22am

yes. SilverStripe will not run on PHP4. You must be running PHP5. PHP 5.2.0+ is recommended