Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problems with forum

Go to End

8 Posts   1425 Views

ladrao2007

Community Member, 16 Posts

13 July 2008 at 8:42pm

I am having some issues with the forum. I grabbed the most current daily build and when I post a topic, the url it goes to after posting is: /general-discussion/flat/1?showPost=1 however, this does not show anything but a blank page. Any ideas on how to fix this or what could possibly be happening?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 July 2008 at 9:09pm

is there any error listing in your php error log file?

ladrao2007

13 July 2008 at 9:14pm

Where would I find the errors to check it? From what I can tell there are no errors or anything.
I also found on the forums this thread talking about the same problem, with no solution ever posted: http://silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/107934

I am sort of confused on where to go next...

Willr

13 July 2008 at 10:06pm

yes it has come up before and I have managed to debug it but your PHP log should give you an idea of where its going wrong.

If log_errors = On is turned on in your php.ini file then it should right to a file called /logs/php_error.log somewhere. Are you running on a local server or a web server?

ladrao2007

14 July 2008 at 11:42am

Its running on a web server, and logging is turned on, but there are no errors being shown

Willr

14 July 2008 at 1:11pm

dumb! well without an error or anything to go by you might have to do this the slow painful way. If you have any clue about PHP you could try digging though the methods in Forum.php - where it posts the new thread and just insert die() or Debug::show() statements thoughout the postAMessage() method to see where its going wrong.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

14 July 2008 at 4:44pm

You might want to check the following settings in php.ini

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

This will get the errors outputted to the web-page, which isn't recommended for production sites but it helpful during development.

ladrao2007

15 July 2008 at 2:17am

Turns out it was some sort of issue with my hosting provider. I changed everything over to one of my other hosting accounts on a different provider, and the Forum works wonderfully. Thanks for the help on trying to figure it out.