Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Redundant Paragraph Tags

Go to End

5 Posts   2047 Views

nzguy

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 July 2008 at 12:18pm

Hi

I am new to SilverStripe so I apologise if my problem has been addressed before but I couldn't find anything in the Forum.

If I write a line of page text in the CMS Admin content editor and then check in the HTML view, I have no preceding <p> or concluding </p> but when I publish the page and check in "view source" in my browser, two preceding <p>s and two concluding </p>s have been added.

Although the page displays correctly, it means that the page will not vaildate.

Is this standard or is there a solution?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 July 2008 at 1:31pm

Is this on a standard page template? Could the extra <p> be generated from the template file

nzguy

22 July 2008 at 4:06pm

Sorry, I should have said it is on standard pages using the Higherground theme.

I can't see anything in the Page.ss file to cause this but I have had a number of other problems with the theme so maybe it is in that. I notice the same problem on the Silverstripe site in the Preview demo pages for this theme.

I also notice that where I thought that I had deleted the preceding and concluding para tags from the HTML in the page text editor, then selected "update" and "publish" - when I reload that page in the CMS, the para tags have reappeared.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 July 2008 at 4:13pm

if you switch to blackcandy or another theme and retry it do the tags still appear? That would be the ultimate test if it was the theme or something more in the CMS

nzguy

22 July 2008 at 5:01pm

Hmm - I switched to blackcandy and the problem doesn't recur - only single para tags showing in source view.

So obviously there is something in the higherground theme that is causing the double tags but I am pretty confident that there is nothing on the Page.ss. Do you know where else they can be introduced?

Incidentally, it was still not possible to remove the (single) para tags in the page editor - presumably these are always needed?