Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Forcing SilverStripe/TinyMCE to eat code such as iframe and script

Go to End

3 Posts   5299 Views

Fabie

Community Member, 28 Posts

24 July 2008 at 9:11pm

Edited: 24/07/2008 9:14pm

Hi,

I had been searching for a solution for this for a looong looong while. I needed to find a way to get SS to allow me to paste code such as <iframe> and scripts. (eg. add GoogleMap iframe)

After an initial search on the IRC I got help and was told it was related to TinyMCE blocking it.

Eventually Gnx-_ and dio5 found the solution and I traced it back on the IRC channel logs... tonite I implemented the solution they proposed and it solved my issue. I am not sure they posted the solution so I thought I would put it here.

Navigate to /cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js

Replace this:

valid_elements : "+a[id|rel|rev|dir|tabindex|accesskey|type|name|href|target|title|class],-strong/-b[class],-em/-i[class],-strike[class],-u[class],#p[id|dir|class|align],-ol[class],-ul[class],-li[class],
br,img[id|dir|longdesc|usemap|class|src|border|alt=|title|width|height|align],
-sub[class],-sup[class],-blockquote[dir|class],
-table[border=0|cellspacing|cellpadding|width|height|class|align|summary|dir|id|style],
-tr[id|dir|class|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|style],
tbody[id|class|style],thead[id|class|style],tfoot[id|class|style],
-td[id|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|scope|style],
-th[id|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|scope|style],
caption[id|dir|class],-div[id|dir|class|align],-span[class|align],-pre[class|align],
address[class|align],-h1[id|dir|class|align],-h2[id|dir|class|align],-h3[id|dir|class|align],
-h4[id|dir|class|align],-h5[id|dir|class|align],-h6[id|dir|class|align],hr[class],
dd[id|class|title|dir],dl[id|class|title|dir],dt[id|class|title|dir]",

by this:

valid_elements : "*

• ", (for some reason the forum won't display the whole thing so it is

valid_elements : quote star open square bracket star close square bracket quote coma

And you are done. Thanks Gnx-_ and dio5 you made my day, actually... week, no MONTH!

fabie :):):)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 July 2008 at 10:12pm

Nice :D you might like to put this on the wiki as I assume there is alot of other people in your situation!

zyko

Community Member, 66 Posts

30 July 2008 at 4:25am

THX Fabie, dio5 and Gnx-_
you made my day :-)