Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Files & Images Problem

Go to End

5 Posts   1527 Views

Pixel

Community Member, 78 Posts

1 August 2008 at 2:18am

Hi,
My clients pointed out to me that they are having trouble with their Files and Images.

When they upload an image everything seems to work fine - the image displays in the view/edit popup and the image can be edited. However when inserting an image to the content the thumbnail does not display (just the file name) but the image does display in the content when inserted. After saving & publishing and viewing the page the image does not display but the text seems to be wrapping around something.

All of the folders that have been created by the client are like this, however, the original Uploads folder from install works without a problem

What is wrong? I have encountered this before cannot remember how it was resolved or if the site was just deleted and rebuilt.

pac

Community Member, 25 Posts

1 August 2008 at 3:01am

it is indeed quite annoying. it's a permissions issue with the _resampled folder. it eems to be creates with 754 but should be 755 , and so should be the files in the folder. once the folder has the right permissions, it seems to apply 755 to the files though

I do this manually for the time being, but I believe it should be edited in one of the scripts, maybe on line 405 of GD.php ?

if anyone in the core team could help, that would be greatly appreciated

Pixel

1 August 2008 at 3:23am

Hmmm, well in assets all of the folders are set as 777 and all the _resampled folders are 755

Could it be to do with the Owner and Group

When the owner and group is www-data (Upoads folder) the thumbnails in are set as 664 and everything works well
However another one of the main folders is www-data but that doesnt work

When the owner and group is ftp-p4g3 and psacln the thumbs are set as 644 and dont work

ideas on what i should do?

pac

Community Member, 25 Posts

1 August 2008 at 3:38am

nope, as we get different behaviors apparently...
try setting permissions and ownership manually and check the result in the cms, maybe it'll give us a clue
which version are you running ?
I run 2.2.2

Pixel

5 August 2008 at 10:46pm

Ok another problem i have found - it is not possible to create a new folder.
I create a folder in the Files and Images, rename it and save. Go to content and then back to Files and Images and the folder has gone!?
I looked in the assets folder an it is not their either.

What is wrong?