Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Show sub menu from another page on homepage

Go to End

3 Posts   2319 Views

bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

1 August 2008 at 7:55am

Edited: 01/08/2008 7:56am

Hi, - wonder if someone can help me please - I need to place a series of level 2 links from another site section on the homepage, following the logic in the tutorials I constructed this bit of code and placed it in my HomePage.ss file

<% control Page(about-us) %>
	<% if Menu(2) %>
          <ul id="Menu2">
	     <% control Menu(2) %>
               <li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Go to the $Title page">$MenuTitle</a></li>
	     <% end_control %>
          </ul>
	<% end_if %>
<% end_control %>

doesn't seem to be working though :o/ any ideas ?

bod

3 August 2008 at 1:24am

anyone?

bod

3 August 2008 at 5:03am

Edited: 03/08/2008 5:08am

Managed to find the right approach just now using Google which came up with this page

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

which led me to alter the above attempt to...

<% if ChildrenOf(about-us) %>
        	<ul id="Menu2">
						<% control ChildrenOf(about-us) %>
							<li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Go to the $Title page">$MenuTitle</a></li>					
						<% end_control %>
        	</ul>
				<% end_if %>

which appears to work, just in case anyone else is stuck for this kind of control. Kinda odd none of the SS team could help on this one?

Obviously with a free open source CMS I don't expect to be spoon fed, people are busy - we all are - but a bit of a guiding hand in the shape of better documentation/tutorials that cover a bit more than the five that come with the set up would really help this project as it's a lovely CMS from a end user POV and I think very flexible given the experience and more verbose easy on the brain step through docs being made available.

Feel that I am on a very steep learning curve at the moment and not much in the way of a safety net.